[CC-czech] CC in Czech

Michelle Thorne michelle at creativecommons.org
Thu Apr 17 15:21:39 BST 2008

Dear Marek,

> As of now, it looks like this:
>
> Legal lead: Iuridicum Remedium (www.iure.org), Marek Tichy (tichy at iure.org
)

> Public Lead: National Library of the Czech Republic (www.nkp.cz), Lukas
Gruber
> (Lukas.Gruber at nkp.cz)
>
> Affiliate Institution 1: Independent Authors Alliance (www.svazautoru.org),
Jan Pavelka
> (info at svazautoru.cz)
>
> Affiliate Institution 2: New Media Studies,Faculty of Philosophy & Arts,
Charles University, > Prague (http://novamedia.ff.cuni.cz/), Denisa Kera (
kera at ff.cuni.cz ) and Katerina Slusna > (katerina.slusna at counsel.cz)

Thank you very much for the clear explanation. That makes perfect sense to
me.

Catharina and I have had the opportunity to speak in more detail about the
CC Czech project, and as I mentioned before, we are very delighted to begin
this collaboration with all of you.

I am in the final stages of preparing the MOU, and for one last
clarification, you mentioned in a previous mail that lu Re, the proposed
Legal Lead, comprises of several lawyers familiar with various IT, civil
rights, and privacy laws. To confirm, these lawyers will be the legal
consultants for the license porting in Czech? Some jurisdiction who oversee
the role of Legal Lead are in fact working in collaboration with outside law
firms/faculties, and just for our records, we are curious as to the exact
arrangement of legal expertise for CC Czech.

However, this is a small bookkeeping note, and we are quite looking forward
to moving ahead very soon!

Best wishes, and thank you for your patience,

Michelle

Michelle Thorne
Creative Commons International
Gipsstrasse 12