[commedia] Three Access Stations Launch

Mary Dowson mary at bcb.yorks.com
Sat Mar 9 09:38:28 GMT 2002

Re: Three Access Stations Launch

As one of those three  stations we at BCB have just been running around
getting ourselves on air so havenot stopped to look at the bigger picture
yet but yes  I think its a great reason to celebrate.We are having a 'soft
launch' period at the moment as we are broadcasting from a temporary RSL
site . We move to the NTL transmittter in April and, after the obligatory
two weeks  testing period we will have a big launch on April 20th.
 We do need to make sure that we talk up the Access stations ( and Community
Radio generarally) and have a high and upbeat profile as the gloves are
already off- has everybody seen the articles in the  Radio Magazine  this
week. -eg the Access Radio Pilot has been given as 'a sop to the Community
Media Association' ...'so called Comunity radio stations..'etc etc.  Classic
Howard Rose, just waiting for us to fall on our faces.
So yes lets celebrate.
Mary Dowson
BCB