[commedia] Re:VARIABLE SPEED UP SLOW DOWN EDITING

Ade ade at funkyfish.net
Wed Mar 27 16:40:00 GMT 2002

Ian,

What platform are you running? (Mac/PC/LINUX etc...) I think you can do this
in Premiere - I remember doing a music vid that used this effect a while
ago, can't quite remember how I did it but could check. If you have a Mac, I
am pretty sure Final Cut Pro will do this. As far as I know you should be
able to do this kind of thing in the majority of pro/semi-pro software
currently available.

In Premiere (see above memory loss doubts!) you just set up a sequence of
keyframes and change the speed between each one manually, you may fnd that
you can do this directly using just two/three keyframes and get a linear or
logarithmic adjustment between the points. If you want to edit one clip in
among many other clips it is usually better to work only on that clip and
re-render it and then re-import it.

Hope this helps,

Ade (the funkyfish collective)