FW: [WSIS Edu] Education charter/carta educacion/charte education

Fernanda Giroleti Weiden fernanda at debian-rs.org
Fri Apr 15 21:12:08 BST 2005

Hi all,
firstly I want to introduce myself. My name is Fernanda Weiden, from
Brazil, I'm a free software activist and also really interested on
Education issues (specially when it's about technology, like in this
case).

I have some doubts and suggestions:

1) Why are you using .doc (proprietary format) files to share and create
a colaborative text instead of using a wiki?

2) Why do you use the term "open source" in the document, and not Free
Software?

3) Do you know the difference between Free Software (as in freedom) and
Open Source?

My suggestions is: clarify the concepts about the needing to talk about
Free Software and not about Open Source, mainly in education field and
also start to use Free Software to share the info and build colaborative
documents. I can create this are in a server of my NGO.

Regards,
Fernanda G Weiden