[Greennet-l] Greennet training update May 2001

GreenNet User Support support at gn.apc.org
Thu May 24 17:12:22 BST 2001

GN training May update
Further info at: http://www.gn.apc.org/training

- --- Web Design ---

Web design using html.
At the end of the course you will be able to design your own web site
and update and maintain your existing web pages 200+VAT

Next training:
June 2nd and 3rd, Saturday and Sunday, from 11.00-18.00.
4 places remaining on this course, call me on 0845 0554011 to book a
place.

***New*** Web design using Dreamweaver.
Gives you practical understanding of how to build, update and publish
a web site using Dreamweaver and understand the key principles of web
design & site promotion. 200+VAT

Next course is the 4th and 5th of June, Monday and Tuesday, from
10.30-17.30

Which course to choose:
If you want to understand how the web works, and be able to look at
source
Code and understand how a site is made, learn HTML. If you just want
to update a site with the minimum of hassle, and you're happy with
buying Dreamweaver,
then learn Dreamweaver. Or if you want to work towards being a web
site
designer, you really have to do both!

- --- Email and Internet ---
For beginners and intermediate users.
Shows you how to use Email: writing and sending messages, reading,
replying to and forwarding Email messages, and how to use the
Internet and search for information. 30 + VAT

Courses are run on the first Tuesday of every month, 18.30 - 20.30.
Next date is:
June 5th  3 places remaining.

- - - Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)
Defend your right to communicate and in privacy whilst being on-line.
Training runs on the second Tuesday of every month, from 18.00-21.00.
Next date: June 12th.

***FURTHER UPDATES***

We will send this brief email to update you on dates/ number of
places remaining as a monthly reminder. If you have already attended
a training course, please do forward this message to a friend or
colleague who may be interested. If you don't want to receive updates
on GreenNet's training, let me know.

Please do give me a call/email with any queries.

Joanne
Email: coord at gn.apc.org