[Greennet-l] GreenNet Downtime due to Routine Maintenance 16/04/03

Marek Tichy marek at gn.apc.org
Wed Apr 9 15:37:11 BST 2003

GreenNet Downtime due to Routine Maintenance 16/04/03
- -----------------------------------------------------

To GreenNet Members

As part of our ongoing maintenance programme we will be carrying out
some
routine upgrades on both our mail and web servers next Wednesday 16th
April 2003.  This will mean some downtime and while we will try to
keep
distruption to services to a minimum it will be necessary to stop
services
at certain times during the day.

The mail server will be offline from 7am until 9am.  During these
times
you will not be able to download or send email through our server.
Any
mail sent to our server will be queued and processed when it comes
back
online.

The web server will be offline from 9am until 1pm.  During these
times web
sites hosted on our linux server will be unavailable, and you will
not be
able to FTP web files to the server.  The webmail service will also
be
unavailable, but otherwise mail will be unaffected.

These are the planned times for downtime, but of course circumstances
may
cause those times to vary slightly, and there may be minor service
disruption at other times during that day.

This work is necessary in order to ensure the continued smooth
running of
our web and email services.  We apologise for any inconvenience
caused.

Regards

Liz Probert
GreenNet User Support and Outreach

***** Please note our new local rate phone number 0845 0554011 *****
      GreenNet - Global Computer Communications For Environment,
	        Peace, Human Rights and Development.
       	     33 Islington High St, London, N1 9LH, UK.
      E-mail: support at gn.apc.org  Website: http://www.gn.apc.org
   Tel: (+44) 020 7713 1941 or 0845 0554011 Fax: (+44) 020 7837 5551

     **Please include the original message in your reply to us**