[Greennet-l] GreeNet Downtime 28/6/05 1900-2100

GreenNet User Support support at gn.apc.org
Fri Jun 24 16:50:53 BST 2005

GreeNet Web Server Downtime Tuesday 28th June 7pm-9pm

To all GreenNet members

We are moving our main web server to a new location on Tuesday 28th June, which
means that it will be unavailable from 7pm to 9pm (at the latest, it will
probably be ready earlier).  The transfer is expected to take about an hour and
then services should be up and running as normal.

This will affect all sites hosted on this server (sites hosted on our NT server
or our alternative linux server will be unaffected) and will also affect our
webmail service.  Mail will still be accessible using your normal email client
as the mail server itself will be unaffected.

The IP address of the server will also change, as with the mail server changes
this will not matter for most users.  A minority of users may have registered
domains elsewhere which point to the old ip address, in which case they will
need to change them by the 9th July.  Ideally they should point to the server
name instead as this will make such changes easier in the future.

Server name: seven.gn.apc.org
New IP Address: 217.72.179.8

The move is due to our changing hosting providers as part of the ongoing
technical improvements we have planned for our services.  We do apologise for
any inconvenience this downtime may cause.

This message has been sent to our email user list and our web clients list, so
apologies if some of you have received it twice.

Regards

GreenNet Support

            GreenNet - Global Computer Communications For Environment,
                       Peace, Human Rights and Development.
                   56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4JX
            E-mail: support at gn.apc.org  Website: http://www.gn.apc.org
           Tel: 020 70650935 or 0845 055 4011 for technical support
                               Fax: 020 70650936
           **Please include the original message in your reply to us**