[Greennet-l] Planned maintenance 9/10 November

GreenNet Support support at gn.apc.org
Tue Oct 29 17:31:07 GMT 2013

  GreenNet

29 October 2013*
*

Dear GreenNet friends

We emailed on 4 October to let you know about some changes we are making
to improve the reliability of our services, including moving our servers
to a new hosting facility with 100% renewable energy and improved power
efficiency and network capacity.

We are now writing to let you know that this move will be taking place
on the weekend of 9-10 November.  During this time, from approximately
11pm GMT on the evening of Saturday 9 November until 3am on the Sunday
morning, GreenNet email and web services will be unavailable.

We will make the downtime as short as possible, and keep a holding page
on any website you have with us.  Incoming email will be queued and
should all be delivered by early Sunday morning.

Almost certainly you will not need to make any changes to your settings
as a result of the move.

For information for the few people who need to know, there will be a a
change of "IP address" for our servers.  This should /only/ affect you
if you have special set-up (such as your own domain name not registered
through us; SMTP delivery to your own mail server or a backup service
with us; or an entry in a hosts file or firewall or a dedicated server),
in which case you may need to change from a "217.72.179.x" number to a
"37.220.108.y" number that we can give you.  We will be writing to
anyone who we think might be affected by this in the next couple of
days.  Please do let us know if you have any questions.

Our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for supporting GreenNet.

With all best wishes

Andrew, Anna, Cedric, Howard, Ian, Liz, Marek, Michael and Sarah

      GreenNet is the ethical Internet Service Provider that has been
      connecting people and groups who work for peace, the environment,
      gender equality and human rights since 1986.

We hope that you are happy to receive our newsletter. If not,
unsubscribe here
<http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/greennet-l> and you
will not receive it in future.

GreenNet, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
Tel (UK): 0845 055 4011 Tel (int'l): +44 (0)20 7065 0935
Fax: +44 (0)20 7253 2658. Email: info+n at gn.apc.org
<mailto:info+n at gn.apc.org>