[Greennet-l] GreenNet news: we're suing GCHQ!

GreenNet Support support at gn.apc.org
Wed Jul 2 18:18:34 BST 2014

  GreenNet

Dear Member

*July 2014
*

      We've got some exciting news at GreenNet...

Along with six other ISPs from around the world, we've launched a legal
complaint calling for an end to GCHQ?s attacks and exploitation of
network infrastructure in order to unlawfully gain mass access to
private communications.

The complaint, filed by Riseup (US), GreenNet (UK), Greenhost
(Netherlands), Mango (Zimbabwe), Jinbonet (Korea), May First/People Link
(US), and the Chaos Computer Club (Germany), along with Privacy
International, is the first time that ISPs have taken collective action
against GCHQ.

Information about the case is available on our website
<https://www.gn.apc.org/network/news/legal-complaint-filed-end-gchq-attacks-isps>,
with more background from Privacy International
<%3Chttps://www.privacyinternational.org/press-releases/global-internet-service-and-communications-providers-file-complaint-to-end-gchq>.

Watch this space for more regular updates.

With best wishes from all at the GreenNet Collective,

Andrew, Cedric, Ed, Howard, Ian, Liz, Marek, and Sarah

      GreenNet is the ethical Internet Service Provider that has been
      connecting people and groups who work for peace, the environment,
      gender equality and human rights since 1986.

We hope that you are happy to receive our newsletter. If not, simply
unsubscribe here
<http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/greennet-l> and you
will not receive it in future.

GreenNet, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
Tel (UK): 0845 055 4011 Tel (int'l): +44 (0)20 7065 0935
Fax: +44 (0)20 7253 2658. Email: info at gn.apc.org <mailto:info at gn.apc.org>