Important: GreenNet security breach

GreenNet Support support at gn.apc.org
Thu Feb 4 12:24:44 GMT 2016

Dear GreenNet friends,

We are writing to let you know that we have detected a security breach
on a GreenNet administrative server. At present we don't believe that
there has been any loss of or access to personal data and we are taking
measures to investigate.

However, to be on the safe side, if your password is an
automatically-generated one that we issued to you, we ask that you reset
it to something of your own choosing. You will need to include at least
one number in the new password.

Please go to our website, and select "Webmail" at the top right corner,
choose "Squirrelmail" (or log in directly at https://sqmail.gn.apc.org),
go to "Options" at the top then "Change Password", fourth down on the
right hand side. You will need to include at least one number in your
new password.

If you use your GreenNet password on any other service, we would also
recommend you change the password on that service to something distinct.

We may also need to reset some FTP passwords. We will contact you
individually in the near future if this applies.

We apologise for the inconvenience and any distress caused.  We will
continue to keep you informed of developments, including on
https://www.gn.apc.org/support, email and Twitter (@GreenNetISP), as we
investigate and ensure that our systems are all as secure as possible.

The GreenNet Collective
Liz, Marek, Cedric, Howard, Ian, Andrew, Ed & Sophie

GreenNet supports and promotes groups and individuals working for peace,
human rights and the environment through the use of information and
communication technologies.

GreenNet, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT
Web: https://www.gn.apc.org
Twitter: @GreenNetISP
Tel: 020 7065 0942 (Intl: +44 20 7065 0942)
Fax: 020 7253 2658 (Intl: +44 20 7253 2658)
Registered in England No. 02070438 VAT Reg GB 473 0262 65