[Lac] Creative Commons Licensing for Developing Countries.

Haroldo Stenger haroldo.stenger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 01:31:16 BST 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:52:04 -0500, Taran Rampersad <cnd at knowprose.com> wrote:
> Con código, no discreparé. Pero con la escritura - que no es un trabajo
> funcional - discreparé.
>
> Bear in mind that I write for a living. I give as many rights as I can
> to readers while balancing my ability to eat. Eating is somewhat important.

I've come accross this excerpt from one of the greatest writers and
thinkers of our time:

'I would like my books to be a kind of tool-box which others can
rummage through to find a tool which they can use however they wish in
their own area... I would like the little volume that I want to write
on disciplinary systems to be useful to an educator, a warden, a
magistrate, a conscientious objector. I don't write for an audience,
*I write for users*, not readers.'  (*emphasis* is mine)

Michel Foucault, (1974) 'Prisons et asiles dans le mécanisme du
pouvoir' in Dits et Ecrits, t. II. Paris: Gallimard, 1994, pp. 523-4.

Best regards
Haroldo