[Lac] Creative Commons Licensing for Developing Countries.

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Fri Sep 17 02:05:52 BST 2004

Diego Saravia wrote:

>>But after all of this debate - how many people who are against the
>>

>asking why  a poor countries specific license is usefull, is stand against
>CC?

Because it heightens awareness, and is also symptomatic of developed
countries willingness to do something about the Digital Divide. A lot of
scientific information that developed nations charge money for are
already available for free to developing nations.

It's a step in the right direction. I wouldn't gripe too much, it's an
advantage developing nations can use.

>>Creative Commons license actually write?
>>

>living (earning money or enough money to live) trought licencing texts is
>not the only way to write, nor the only way of living trought writing.

Explain. I'd love your input on this. If you can tell me how to do my
profession better, I'm all ears.

>>It's actually a nice step in
>>the right direction, and by making the step appear to be wrong- a
>>step towards more liberty in licensing - you may well be diminishing
>>the effort of yourself! Applaud it for what it is, say it is a nice
>>step, and then talk about Free licensing.
>>

>There are more than a way to walk to freedom.

And this is my point, friend. However, you're stuck on one way, it seems.

--
Taran Rampersad

cnd at knowprose.com

http://www.linuxgazette.com
http://www.a42.com
http://www.worldchanging.com
http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.easylum.net

" No public interest is anything other or nobler than a massed accumulation of private interests."— Mark Twain, Spelling And Pictures