PKK: Resolution On Dialogue

kurdeng at aps.nl kurdeng at aps.nl
Thu Jun 29 06:20:33 BST 1995

From: tabe at newsdesk.aps.nl
Subject: Re: PKK: Resolution On Dialogue

r 2.20)
           id VT9709; Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:05:56 -0800

------------------------ Forwarded from : kcc at magi.com -------------------------

PKK 5th Party Congress
Resolution On Political Dialogue

     Today, our national liberation struggle, in so far as it has
become a large and decisive organizational, military, and political
power with respect to the masses, is a problem, not just for
Turkey, but for all countries in the Middle and Near East and it
also greatly concerns other states in the rest of the world. At
this point in time, the people of Kurdistan and their leadership
are a force which can no longer be denied. No power can have any
success in denying the existence of Kurdistan; the PKK will play a
decisive role in the solution of the Kurdistan problem.
     For this reason, every search for a solution to the Kurdistan
problem and all wishes to come into contact with the PKK are
positive developments. Those forces which demand stability in the
Near East and Kurdistan all send delegations to solve the problem,
direct or indirect missions, and thereby have some influence on the
situation. For this reason, in the coming period, those who wish to
seek a solution to the Kurdistan problem, not merely idealistic
hopes but rather practical initiatives, will most likely seek to
come into contact with the PKK.
     The PKK, a fighting force which is struggling for independence
for its country and freedom for its people, is prepared to accept
proposals for dialogue from states and institutions, on the
condition that these are based on the ideals of the equality,
independence, and solidarity of peoples and don't contradict the
line of our party. Today, just like yesterday, the PKK is ready for
any dialogue which recognizes the freedom of our nation and people.
     This was made clear by the cease-fire announced in March 1993,
and by the letter from our party's General Secretary in November
1994 concerning a political solution to the Kurdistan problem,
which was sent to the appropriate persons and institutions and
which again stressed the demands made at the Brussels Conference.
But the Turkish Republic responded to all of these requests with
more war; Turkey has shown that it seeks to solve the Kurdistan
problem through destruction and ignorance.
     Despite everything, our party has maintained its aim of
continuing the armed struggle until our freedom is secured, but we
do not exclude non-violent methods or means of solution.
     In light of this, our 5th Congress has decided:

1.   To empower the party presidents and the central committee to
respond to all political requests for dialogue and to work to bring
about political negotiations;

2.   To empower the party presidents and the central committee to
name representatives or to form delegations who can carry out
political requests for dialogue or engage in political
negotiations;

3.   That all political requests for dialogue and all negotiations
must be acknowledged and considered by the party presidents.

-----
Kurdistan Committee of Canada		Tel: (613) 733-9634
2487 Kaladar Ave. Suite 203		Fax: (613) 733-0090
Ottawa, Ontario, K1V 8B9		E-mail: kcc at magi.com
		http://infoweb.magi.com/~kcc
-----