TamilNet Information Service

kurd-l at burn.ucsd.edu kurd-l at burn.ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 21 21:34:00 GMT 1996

From: Arm The Spirit <ats at locust.cic.net>

TamilNet Information Service (TamilNet)
Reporting On Tamil Affairs Around The World

TamilNet is an independent electronic information service that brings
you news and views from the Tamil Homeland, Tamil Eelam. It gives
worldwide coverage on issues related to the Ilam (Eelam) Tamil Nation.
Our main concern is to bring the actual situation prevailing in the
Tamil Homeland to the outside world.

The sources of information to TamilNet are: Jaffna Citizen Committee
(JCC), International Secretariat of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil
Eelam (LTTE), Sri Lankan Government Agent of Jaffna (GA),
International Federation of Tamils(IFT), Tamils Rehabilitation
Organization (TRO), International Committee Red Cross (ICRC), United
Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), and other local,
national and the international NGOs that work in Tamil Eelam.

Inside REPORT, the Monthly magazine from Tamil Eelam is also carried
by the TamilNet and can be subscribed exclusively at no cost.

Currently, we are unable to bring you news items from independent news
agencies. Our service is still not a regular one as yet. But once we
commence receiving news items on a regular basis from our sources of
information a regular news bulletin will be provided. We do not offer
any digest-service.

TamilNet is not a discussion group. Though the TamilNet is dedicated
for reporting the situation in Tamil Homeland, we will also be
able to cover some exile-news from time to time when the need arises.

Our postings are posted to Tamil Eelam related mailing lists. If you
are a member of a such mailing list, you don't need to subscribe to
TamilNet exclusively.

It is currently run manually and your subscription/non subscription is
not automatised. TamilNet will soon be automatised for postings and
will then be able to offer you weekly digest and index of files in our
archives.

Our recipients-list is fully concealed. We do not provide e-mail
addresses of our subscribers to any individual or organisation.

TamilNet seeks your support to continue the work in which it is
engaged-the work of strengthening the support for the
Self-Determination Right of Tamil people.

Please complete the subscription form and mail it to
<tamilnet at infonet.no>

I wish to receive Tamil Net postings. Please add my address in your
mailing list.

Name:
E-mail:
Affliation:
Nationality:
Organisation (name)/ Private:

collective based in Toronto, Canada. Our focus includes a wide
variety of material, including political prisoners, national
liberation struggles, armed communist resistance, anti-fascism,
the fight against patriarchy, and more. We regularly publish our
writings, research, and translation materials in our magazine and
bulletins called Arm The Spirit. For more information, contact:

Arm The Spirit
P.O. Box 6326, Stn. A
Toronto, Ontario
M5W 1P7 Canada

E-mail: ats at etext.org
WWW: http://burn.ucsd.edu/~ats
FTP: ftp.etext.org --> /pub/Politics/Arm.The.Spirit
ATS-L Archives: http://burn.ucsd.edu/~archive/ats-l

 ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
   ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
     ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm ++++