[WSIS CS-Plenary] Official WSIS Youth Caucus Input to the WGIG Sept Meeting

rsagun at takingitglobal.org rsagun at takingitglobal.org
Tue Sep 14 10:35:28 BST 2004

Dear All,

After receiving, reviewing and incorporating a number of insightful
comments on our draft input to the upcoming WGIG consultation, the
Facilitation Team wishes to announce that our official input has been
transmitted to the WGIG Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland last September
13, 2004 and uploaded to the WGIG website. The PDF and MS Word copies of
our input, as well as other details on the WGIG meeting and other
stakeholder contributions, can be found at
http://www.itu.int/wsis/preparatory2/wgig/index.html .

We deeply thank those who have spent time reviewing and sending in their
feedback on our draft! Comments were received, in spite of the short notice
calling for such, from a number of Youth Caucus members and members of the
WSIS Civil Society Plenary and Internet Governance Caucus. These comments
were very helpful in strengthening our proposals/positions as contained in
the final paper.

With respect to having a Youth Caucus representative(s) to the meeting, it
is sad to note that, at the moment, we are not able to send anyone due to
funding constraints. Nonetheless, with or without an official YC
representative present in the meeting, we wish to seek your support by
forwarding, whenever appropriate, our proposals during the meeting. Please
contact us via facilitators at wsisyouth.org if you are able to attend the
meeting and support us.

The Youth Caucus hopes to submit name(s) of young people who are most
eligible, based on core competencies and credentials, for the consideration
of the CS Plenary and IG Caucus on or before Sept. 20.

Thank you very much and we hope to have your full support.

In partnership,

Robert Sagun
WSIS Youth Caucus Policy Coordinator

Noted by:

Titilayo Akinsanmi
WSIS Youth Caucus Global Facilitator

Luke Cholerton-Bozier
WSIS Youth Caucus Communications Coordinator