[WSIS CS-Plenary] determining which part of Prepcom 2 to attend

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 4 09:41:34 GMT 2005

Hi Andy and all,

and a good new year to everybody!

Andy Carvin schrieb:
 > In terms of contributing to CS activities (meetings, drafting
> sessions, etc) does anyone have a sense if it would be better for me to
> attend the first half of the meeting, the second half, or the middle?
It probably will depend on your interests. If you mainly want to be
there for internet governance, then the first week with the WGIG
consultations might be better. If you come for the overall action, then
according to my experience the second week is where things get hot. It
usually takes them some time to warm up and focus on the conflicts. As
finance will be one of the big issues for PC2, it might turn out that
meetings in the second week will be held till midnight again.

> Has an agenda been published yet?
Not yet, but a recent change on the official prepcom page includes an
announcement of travel fellowships for people from LDCs. Deadline is
January 21st.

Ralf <- glad to be there for the full two weeks