[WSIS CS-Plenary] determining which part of Prepcom 2 to attend

Renata Bloem rbloem at ngocongo.org
Tue Jan 4 13:32:14 GMT 2005

Hi Andy, Ralph and all

According to informal contacts with the Secretariat a very preliminary time
table for PC2 looks as follows. It will only be finalized by the next
Government Bureau meeting on 12/13 January. So please check constantly also
for fellowship details, which include the stay for the WGIG www.itu/int/wsis

Provisional time table for WGIG (14-16 Jan.) and PrepCom2 (17-25)

WGIG                    14 -16 Jan.

Monday 14 Jan.

Morning:                open for (silent) observers, mainly reporting

Afternoon:              closed

Tuesday 15 Jan          all day open meeting

Wednesday:              closed meeting

PrepCom2                17 -25 Jan.

Thursday 17 Jan

Morning:                Plenary: adoption of agenda, housekeeping and
reporting (regional and other meetings)

Afternoon:              General Debate: mainly on Financing

Friday 18 Jan all day   Subcommittee to discuss GFC document,

                        Beginning with Finance chapter

Monday-Wednesday:       Subcommittee continued

21-23 Jan               Chapeau, first, second and fourth chapter

Thursday 24 Jan         Preliminary discussion on chapter three: IG

Friday:                 Plenary: Report, dates for next PrepCom and an evtl.
Intersessional meeting and Format of Summit

A first CS Orientation session will be held on Monday (14 Jan) afternoon
from 14:00 - 19:00 with breakouts for Caucuses and WGs

Wishing you all a very good year

Renata