[WSIS CS-Plenary] UN Official Document System is online

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Jan 7 15:48:47 GMT 2005

Il giorno gio, 06-01-2005 alle 14:25 -0500, Rik Panganiban ha scritto:
> I have confirmed same result on the Mac (OS X 10.3) using Netscape,
> Firefox and Mozilla.  You double-click any of the query results, which
> returns the javascript message.  Then you hit the "back" button to go
> back to the search results, and all of the query results appear to
> actually work.
>
> Still doesn't work with Safari, or IE.  But explorer for the Mac is
> very old (2001), so not too surprising.
>
> All in all, perhaps this is less problematic than we had initially
> feared if it works with the different flavors of Netscape.

But no sane person would ever *double-click* on a link - if you click
only once, as you normally do, it does not work (at least with Firefox
0.9.3 on Ubuntu Linux, which is what I have here now). No one would ever
think of double-clicking... let alone of then going back and trying
again.

So I'd still say that the current site configuration is totally
unacceptable. We should be asking for a clear plan to fix all these
different errors and make the site accessible (including accessibility
in W3C terms): actually, I don't think that it takes more than a few
hours of work to make the site compatible with most browsers, so rather
than mounting up campaigns we should encourage them to do so promptly.