[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Need to know the facts / Les Faits Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] PCT and WGIG

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Fri Jan 21 11:44:08 GMT 2005

Dear Robert

> At 1:19 AM +0100 1/21/05, Dr. Francis MUGUET wrote:
>

>> At the last CSB meeting in Capetown, I evoked the WGIG nomination
>> problem
>> as a *procedural matter* that the CSB should be entitled to deal with.
>

> As a CSB bureau member I would like to indeed confirm that Francis did
> raise the issue at the Cape Town meeting.

I raised the issue of this procedure, but  at the CSB meeting in
CapeTown, I never proposed
a motion or  text of a condemnation by the CSB and propose it to a vote.
It was a raising awareness thing more anything else.
As I wrote "I evoked the issue".
Now, after  all the ongoing  heated debate
 on  various lists for the past weeks, the malaise seems to obviously
persist,
I believe now that the CSB should be prepared to adopt  a very short
formal statement
at its next meeting
( 3 lines, without giving names of course, this is not the time to start
a witch hunt )
to end the malaise so that we can start the PrepCom2 on a good basis.

> But, to my recollection the bureau did not accept nor endorse
> Francis's motion.

I did not remind exactly how the discussion went about this topic.
It was not a long and protracted discussion. It was brief
and informal.  Some people said what had happenned was
"definitively wrong", other kept silent,  and none took the defense
of the procedure that has been followed.
In this context,  I did welcome again the initiative of
creating a "Working Methods" groups, and everyone agreed that a
"Working Methods" group was a good thing in general,
the issue was left at this point, and the discussion went to other topics.
There was no motion  that was presented,
 and therefore either formally endorsed or rejected.

Best regards

Francis

> regards
>
> Robert

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web