[WSIS CS-Plenary] Greetings all from Tunis

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sun Nov 13 00:33:43 GMT 2005

greetings. I'm at the marriot hotel . arrived today

security is, well - intense.

internet is filtered at the hotel. I tried to access yezzi.org as
well as the sports page of bbc, and could not.

however using ssh tunnel to a server in Toronto the pages can be
accessed. Given we were all told that internet was going to be
unfiltered at the hotels - i will raise the issue tomorrow

as i mentiooned earliwre - security is intense. guards everywhere.
there are at least 3-4 security checks before getting to the hotel
front door. From there, there's an extra machine and guys following
everyone around

As for GSM service - have found that for people to be able to send
and receive messages from each other they need to be on the SAME
provider.

I have had good luck with Tunisiana. i would suggest that people use
that one. it seems faster than tunisia telecom.

As for CSB - it seems a large # of persons are at the golden tulip!
Wow, is that where the  funding that was so hard to get is going. Is
it what the Tunisian CS "fund" is going? no idea.. will raise the
issue tomorrow too.

that's my report for now. see you all tomorrow.

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)