[WSIS CS-Plenary] FWD: Re: [CS Bureau] Draft minutes for today's CSB meeting

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 14 15:07:07 GMT 2005

I fully support Magaly's request on more transparency in CSB functioning and for a serious discussion/debate within the CS Plenary -the only body empowered to take a decison in the name of the WSIS CS- on Geneva Action Plan implementation and WSIS follow-up mechanism(s)  Especially for the latter, PrepCom-3 didn't formulate a clear position, due to the lack of clear proposals to the CS by the Working group B. This gave some "liberty" to its chair, Bertrand, to engage on such tracks as "Global Alliance" and similar "inconsistances" that never were discussed in CS Plenaries and came out of the hat in a "last minute" statement.
The WSIS follow-up process is a complex one and the mechanism(s) aren't the only issue and even not the main issue, since WSIS is to be more (preferrably) or less integrated in the MDG agenda.
Best
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT.