[WSIS CS-Plenary] Website Beta Launch - Request For Feedback by International Free and Open Source Software Foundation iFOSSF

Fouad Riaz Bajwa bajwa at fossfp.org
Thu Dec 7 22:44:20 GMT 2006

Dear Members of the Global ICT Community,

It is a great moment for all those who have been collectively promoting the
Free and Open Source Software Movement globally. Members of the FOSS
Movement policy advocates, academic and research community today have a new
home in the form of the "International Free and Open Source Software
Foundation iFOSSF" as a result of our combined vision and commitment at the
World Summit on the Information Society WSIS, Tunisia 2005. I would like to
invite all multi-stakeholders of the FOSS Movement to join us and
participate in the beta launch of iFOSSF’s official website and make
available their comments on how we can improve our outreach and global
project funding / grants at http://www.ifossf.org.

Note: The iFOSSF website is still under continuous development and updating,
we apologize beforehand for any inconvenience caused during the beta launch
phase.

About iFOSSF
The International Free and Open Source Software Foundation (iFOSSF) is a
nonprofit organization incorporated in Michigan, United States.  Its mission
is to accelerate the development and usage of Information and Communication
Technologies with Free and Open Source Software worldwide for sustained
economic and social development, especially for the socially disadvantaged.

Purpose & Strategy
iFOSSF is one of many organizations within an era of a new global
enlightenment committed to improving the quality of life for all world
citizens. The organization is centered on FOSS, its purpose is to apply
thought leadership in support of innovation and creativity in research and
development of FOSS solutions for the benefit of the global community.

The organization facilitates growth of new and emerging businesses with
consideration for equal inclusion, and provide strategic leadership in
developing FOSS opportunities that are driven by both market and social
contexts. We will achieve our mission and goals by applying the following
strategies:

1. Engagement in R&D using Free and Open Source Software that can help meet
the needs for crisis management and economic development by promoting
innovative approaches.

2. Creation of tools & initiatives that can help bridge the digital divide
between developed and developing countries.

3. Cultivation of the organization as a global resource with expertise in
FOSS based strategies to create new marketplace(s).

Governance
The Foundation is established in August 2006 under the laws of State of
Michigan, USA. The organization is organized for exclusively charitable,
educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3)*
of the United States Internal Revenue Law. Specifically, the Foundation will
apply thought leadership in support of innovation and creativity in
development of Free and Open Source Software solutions for the benefit of
the global community.

iFOSSF is a directorship driven organization, the organization may at any
stage appoint various voluntary committees comprised of members from the
Foundation's partner network for providing assistance and advice. The
organization's funding is sought through private, government, non-profit
grants, individual/corporate sponsorships as well as public and private fund
raising activities.

* IRS review and approval of iFOSSF 501(c)(3) status is currently in
progress.

Regards
-----------------------
Fouad Riaz Bajwa
Secretary & FOSS Advocate
International Free and Open Source Software Foundation (iFOSSF)
iFOSSF Secretariate:
39555 Orchard Hill Place
Suite 600, Novi, Michigan 48375, USA
Tel: +1.248.232.8875
Fax: +1.248.232.8875
Website: www.ifossf.org
Disclaimer:
The author is a Secretary at the International Free and Open Source Software
Foundation iFOSSF. The views expressed in this communication are his
personal views and do not represent those of the iFOSSF, its management or
the Executive Directors. This e-mail message is intended for its recipient
only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please discard it. The
author of this e-mail or iFOSSF: International Free and Open Source Software
Foundation take no responsibility for its material, implicit or
explicit.International Free and Open Source Software Foundation.