[Privsec] The International Data Protection Commissioners Conference

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Tue May 3 21:35:56 BST 2005

I just had a conversation with the Canadian (federal) Privacy
commissioner's office. It seems they are interested in WSIS and keen
to be more engaged . yey!

During the course of the conversation I learned that the
International Data Protection Commissioners Conference will be held
Sept 14-16 in Montreux.  That's quite close to Geneva, and only days
before the Prepcom.

I can envision many privacy advocates coming early to Switzerland to
attend the commissioner's conference . it might  be and idea to
convince them to stay a few extra days and organize something at
WSIS. Perhaps a panel and/or session on privacy, internet governance
and the information society.

something to think about...

regards

Robert