[Privsec] WSIS thematic meeting on Cybersecurity

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed May 11 17:36:49 BST 2005

Dear all,

attached find a draft programme of the planned ITU/WSIS meeting on
Cybersecurity, which our member Robert Guerra has been able to get from
the ITU staff.

Also due to the efforts of Robert, crypto and privacy expert (and EPIC
advisory board member) Bruce Schneier from Counterpane got invited to
speak there.

A number of other "good guys and gals" (at least the ones I know) are also
on the programme, among them
- Myriam Dunn from the Swiss Federal Institute for Technology,
- Hansjürgen Garstka, Berlin Data protection Commissioner and Chairman of
the IWGDPT,
- Ross Anderson from  University of Cambridge/UK, who is active in
European Digital Rights member FIPR,
- Michael Geist from University of Ottawa, who is active in the Internet
Governance Caucus.

As you can see, there are some speaking slots still open with onyl vague
criteria mentioned. If you know of anybody who would match these and more
or less agree with our issues, please let us know.

Best, Ralf