[Telecentres] Live Webcast: A Tour of the Digital Divide Network

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Mon Dec 13 16:42:17 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

You are cordially invited for a live webcast tour of the new Digital
Divide Network website (www.digitaldivide.net) on Tuesday, December 14
at 12pm Eastern US time (17:00 GMT). The tour will be conducted by DDN
editor Cedar Pruitt and myself. We'll take you on a virtual walk through
the website, using streaming audio and live Web conferencing. The event
is free and open to the public. Attendees should register in advance,
because space is limited.

To register for the webcast, please go here:

http://home.learningtimes.net/edc?invitation_key=839-100B8D16D39

The webcast on Tuesday will be held here:

http://econference.edc.org

On Tuesday, when you go to this page, you should see information about
the DDN webcast. Please follow the instructions to enter the meeting
room. If you don't see this information, click on the link in the left
column that says Meeting Rooms and then click on any of the meeting
rooms listed, as they'll all be part of the conference. Then click the
"Enter Now" button to enter the conference.

We recommend that you go to the website at least 30 minutes prior to the
webcast so you can download the required Java applet and test it. If you
have any problems entering the virtual meeting room, please feel free to
email help at learningtimes.net for assistance.

Minimum PC requirements:
Pentium II 266 Mhz with 64MB of RAM and a sound card.

Minimum Mac requirements:
OS 9.0-9.2: G3 233 Mhz with 64MB of RAM
OS X: G3 233 Mhz with 128MB of RAM

Users should have speakers or headphones; a microphone is recommended
but not required.

For more information about the event, please email me off-list.

thanks,
ac

--
Andy Carvin