[Telecentres] [Fwd: [bytesforall_readers] how many telecenters...]

Don Cameron donc at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 23 06:49:40 GMT 2004

Hi Toby,

I am not aware of any such study - and even if there was such a count I feel
it would present an unrealistic picture. The term "Telecentre" (Scandinavian
in origin) is used to describe only a small percentage of Public Access
Facilities/Centres - A great many PAP's around the world operate in the
accepted format of a Telecentre however are not named as such. Also
discussions here by Telecentre participants/advocats demonstrate how even
amongst ourselves we have difficulty defining the concept - anyone taking
such a count would need to firstly define exactly what a Telecentre is...
And this will always be open to interpretation.

Rgds, Don