[Telecentres] [Fwd: [bytesforall_readers] how many telecenters...]

Gáspár Mátyás gaspar.matyas at axelero.hu
Sun Dec 26 15:22:43 GMT 2004

Dear Toby

It's almost impossible to say how many telecentres exist. My guess is
150.000 - 200.000 world-wide. I have my own register (included about 90
countries world-wide) with numbers (PIAP-s, community telecentres,
telecottages, technology centres,  community learning sentres, internet
clubs and cafes, etc.), programmes, plans and web references all over
the world. But as there is no statistics by agreed definitions about the
types, I simpy can't make difference between names of different
institutions reported. At the very begining of this correspondence I
suggested putting together som kind of statistics, but this proposition
was refused ., my pesonal effort is not enough.

Matyas Gaspar

Did we ever get to an answer on this? See question below poised on
bytseforall.

Regards
Toby