[Telecentres] account/computer profiles

Don Cameron donc at internode.on.net
Sat Nov 6 13:20:55 GMT 2004

Hi Kenneth,

As a work in progress the Red Hat Stateless Linux initiative certainly
offers some good possibilities - some similarities to the Public Access
Computing Security Tool, yet different to the extent that Stateless Linux is
a client-server architecture not really designed for stand-alone public
access workstations and involves reloading machines and operating systems
(whereas the Public Access Computing Security Tool is literally a 'ten
minute fix' to reconfigure existing Windows computers for public access).

For those seeking this type of application in a Linux environment maybe
Knoppix would be a better choice? (already available in a stable version).

Anyway my apologies for digressing from the purpose of this forum... I just
thought the pointer might be of interest to some, because questions about
securing public access Windows workstations is one of those commonly asked
on Telecentre support forums.

Rgds, Don