[Telecentres] Basic Telecentre Items/ICT Definition

David Leeming PFnet leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Mon Oct 4 12:36:13 BST 2004

Elizabeth et al.

Well, how about living ones - human intermediaries. Community intermediaries to help people understand their needs, to interpret and respond to incoming information, for consultative processes, to learn how to filter information appropriately. Technical intermediaries (commonly known as "assistants" or "operators") to help people use the ICTs, when there are no existing skills, and to train them as the demand and awareness grows. The community driven ethic is extremely important, these are facilitators only.

David

David,

Excellent point, as ICTs are certainly only a means to the end product of learning and participating.  To what other appropriate tools are you referring, in addition to ICTs?

Elizabeth