[Telecentres] Re: Basic Telecentre Items/ICT Definition

Elizabeth Carll, PhD ecarll at optonline.net
Mon Oct 4 01:16:16 BST 2004

Joel,

I certainly agree with your suggestion as to identifying what telecenters
are used for, which brings us almost full circle to my initial request for
people to list telecenters they are involved with, their function and how
these relate to the WSIS Declaration.  However, it appears that most are not
interested in posting this information, as only Toby has done so to date.

I have pasted Toby's brief summary below, again,  for other peoples
reference, should you be inclined to submit this information and code it to
the table of Contents/sections of WSIS Declaration, which is pasted at the
bottom.  It is simpler for each person to describe and code their own
information than for one or two of us to have to undertake that as an
additional project.

If everyone submits this information, I can compile the information and
draft a paragraph in conjunction with Joel developing a matrix  from the
purpose indicated for each of the various telecenters.

Elizabeth