[Telecentres] Recruitment of Managing Director @ IDRC

Shah Jahan Bhatti ittaskforce1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 14:45:50 BST 2004

To the partners,
A good candidate for the position should be Space Scientist. He should know how to deal with political leadership of the world specially the poor countries, where ICT is the only currency. In my country it finanes politicaal leadership. The International Development Reasearch Centre should know that only 2 to 3 & people around the world are using interactive facility. The challenge is how to bring all stakeholders on one forum. World Bank and IMF want transparency. United Nations should support it.
Devising a cheap, easy and reliable interactive facility can trigger peace. Missunderstandings cause wars. Disinformation cause wars. Disconnection cause wars. ICT can connect 50% earth population. New stakeholders will steer the technology to perfection. Looting people by using expensive advertisments is no solution.
Sarah Fiset <SFiset at idrc.ca> wrote:
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is recruiting a
Managing Director to lead and build a new Telecentre/Community Technology
Learning Centre Support Network. The job description is attached. For more
information on this new initiative, go to www.idrc.ca/supportnet.