[Telecentres] telecentre statistcs

anita anitaguru at vsnl.com
Wed Sep 22 16:13:14 BST 2004

Hullo,

I was really excited when I received a mail about this forum.

I am Anita and am part of an NGO called IT for Change in India. We have been
involved in research and advocacy focusing on the intersections of ICT and
development. Among our online resources is database which may be of interest
in the context of this discussion. (See www.ITforChange.net
<http://www.itforchange.net/> )

The online database tracks ICT for D initiatives in India and is updated
continuously. Telecentre initiatives are classified under.
http://www.itforchange.net/ict4d/tele-centre.html
<http://www.itforchange.net/ict4d/tele-centre.html>   We are currently
carrying out another round of update and I will send out a mail once we are
done.

You will also find on the website a critical piece on telecentres that we
presented at the Tokyo Prepcom before WSIS - Geneva. This is available under
the resources section. http://www.itforchange.net/resources/Pat.htm

I look forward to an enriching set of interactions on this forum and hope we
are able to synthesize our collective articulations into something useful
for Tunis.

Regards

Anita

anita gurumurthy
IT for Change
www.ITforChange.net
Tel: 080-26652927, mobile : 098455-46406