[Telecentres] working group background, organizing principles

Gáspár Mátyás gaspar.matyas at axelero.hu
Sat Sep 25 10:41:46 BST 2004

Dear All

When thinking on the formal organisation we need to make difference and
decide what kind of organisation we are going to create

- civic group (individuals, interested in the world-wide telecentre
movement)
- alliance of interested organisations (not necessiarly representing
telecentres)
- alliance of telecentre organisations (representing telecentres in a
country region, on country level, on regional level)
- some kind of more sophisticated institution including all three types
above in some way.

In the third case, information about the world-wide telecentre situation
(telecentre countries, projets, approx, number of telecentres,
representing organisations) is very important. Depending on the basic
goals the appropriate type of the organisation can be defined, and also
a strategy and step by step process of creation. The basic question is,
what kind of cooperation or/and organisation is the best for the
telecentre movement to reach MDGs.

Matyas Gaspar
European Union of Telecottage Associations