[Telecentres] Going forward

Hallam Hope caritel at freemotion.bb
Mon Sep 27 05:23:43 BST 2004

Dear Colleagues,

Just to be clear, the suggestion (not from me) related, as I understand it, specifically to contributing to WSIS and NOT setting up some bureaucracy to "manage" the group's activities as a whole.
Different individuals have different interests. Some may want to consider a contrinution to WSIS, others may not, and we should all be open minded enough to acknowledge this. If there is going to be some response from some mebers of this group to WSIS then there is need for some structure and leadership.
This would NOT affect sharing of experiences, information etc. which we have started to do quite successfully.
If two people want to set up a database of tele-centres around the world why throw "cold water" on it because it does not fit with your specific interests and goals.
My feeling is that if we spend a lot of time identifying "our goals" or the "purpose" of the group we wil be doing so ad infinitum.
But I could be wrong.

Hallam