[Telecentres] what are your favorite telecentre initiatives?

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Mon Apr 25 15:35:40 BST 2005

Hi everyone,

As part of my efforts to identify interesting telecentre initiatives for
the upcoming IDRC/EDC telecentres book, I'd like to ask a question for
general discussion on the list: What are your favorite telecentre
initiatives, and why?

Do you see it as a model for other telecentre initiatives? Is it
breaking new ground in some way? Is it successfully integrating
learning, public health programs, e-government, media production,
economic development activities, or other services into its mission? Or
did it start with a development mission of its own and simply embrace
telecentres as a strategy for accomplishing that mission?

I'm very eager to engage members of the caucus in identifying
interesting, creative telecentres around the world. The book will be an
important opportunity for us to demonstrate the role of telecentres in
global development, and how they're more than just simple public access
points to the interest. So please post your thoughts to the list; I'd
love to hear what you think.

thanks,
andy

--