[Telecentres] planning for the prepcom and beyond

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Mon Aug 22 15:08:11 BST 2005

Hi everyone,

The telecentres caucus has been really quiet as of late, which I can't
say is a surprise given it's August, but I wanted to remind everyone
that the final Prepcom is one month away. The Prepcom will largely focus
on Internet governance.

Once again, the Prepcom will be in Geneva, this time on 19-30 September.
At the last Prepcom, we had one official gathering of the caucus, though
many other caucuses held multiple meetings, some daily, which gave them
a chance to interact more and craft specific recommendations to be
presented in the plenary session interventions. I would stronlgy suggest
that we consider doing this as well. Unfortunately, this will take some
voluntary leadership from other group members, as I will be unable to
attend this last prepcom.

So perhaps we could start by having people posting if they intend to
participate in the September Prepcom; that way we can see who will be in
attendance and if there's enough people to organize multiple caucus
meetings during the event.

thanks,
andy

--