Re: RE: [Telecentres] Re: Will Internet Cafés Survive 10

Ashish Saboo apiap at rediffmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:42:50 GMT 2005

 Gaspar,
    you have expressed it very Succintly !
On Convergence :
   Andy Carvin's blog post celebrating his christmas gift an "ipod" & another article in the Register offer a good clue . iPOD coupled with ubquitious access to computing power as offered by Telecentres can make computing affordable & perhaps offer telecentre a new lease of life.

Read my post :
http://apiap.blogspot.com/2005/01/will-ipod-bring-new-lease-of-life-to.html

On Local Content :

http://www.epica-awards.com/assets/epica/2004/winners/film/flv/11071.htm

This small award winning video clip by a Italian Telecom company expresses very well.

But before this happens we need to protect from the Mullahs, The Dictators & the Moral Police , The latest to join in is the Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
Read :
http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2005/2/1/technology/10058218&sec=technology

The failure to understand the very consumer centric business of telecentre where your quest is just a click away. Telecentres in Asian & African countries have been worst affected.

I hope those of you making it to the summit can make it part of the agenda on how to protect the telecentres.

Best Wishes

Ashish Saboo
President
Association of Public Internet Access Provider (ApiAp)
The voice of independent Cyber cafe operators
Blog: http://apiap.blogspot.com