[CI] RE: [Telecentres] requesting immediate feedback: telecentres/educationstatement

Gill Sellar gill at omninet.net.au
Tue Feb 22 22:42:42 GMT 2005

Michael et al,

Some mention of the role of volunteers needs to be acknowledged and valued
somewhere within these recommendations.

Here is Western Australia thousands of volunteers work in Telecentres
throughout the State and barely get mentioned! Their labour is worth
millions of dollars a year in wages and resources and their contribution
factored into to funding proposals, particularly where 'in-kind'
contributions are called for, to make up the case for funding.

It would be wonderful if we could get multiplier effect of 1.5 to 2
recognised as the 'worth' at least of this energy and commitment by
volunteers.

So may I suggest a point g:

g. That all volunteer contributions to telecentres be valued by
implementation of a multiplier effect value, calculated on estimated
telecentre activity worth e.g. QV = (I + A - E) * ME

where:

      QV =
     Qualitative Value

      I =
     Income

      A =
     Assets

      E =
     Expenditure

      ME =
     Multiplier Effect (volunteer value)

Hope this makes sense,

Cheers,

Gill:-)!~

Dr.Gillian Sellar
Managing Director
1 < 2 > 1 Education, Software and IT PTL
PO Box 170
Denmark 6333
Western Australia
ph/fax: +61 08 98482865