[Telecentres] The Tsunami as a Wake-Up Call to Bridging the Digital Divide

Laurent Straskraba laurent at straskraba.net
Tue Jan 4 23:56:37 GMT 2005

At 21:48 04/01/2005, you wrote:
>So the next time you think about bridging the digital divide, put aside
>the academic debates of how many people have email access or which
>communities know how to use a search engine effectively. Instead, think
>of it this way: does everyone have access to the tools and information
>they need to keep their families safe and sound? If the answer is no,
>then you'll know that we still have a lot of work to do.

YES Andy!

If the Information Society is not for ALL what "society" is it then? In my
opinion, everyone should have the right AND the opportunity to access any
information that is protecting him/her from ANY harm.

Isn't this example reason enough to open public pockets and make it a reality?

Best regards,

Laurent

---
Mag. Laurent Straskraba
Information Society Researcher

International Partnership & Fund Raising Affiliate
World Summit Award
http://www.wsis-award.org

Information Society Representative
United Nations Youth & Student Association of Austria
http://www.afa.at

post: Ontlstrasse 3, A - 4040 Linz, Austria / Europe
mobile: +43.650.7711861 (GMT +1)
e-mail: laurent at straskraba.net
web: http://www.straskraba.net
---