[Telecentres] Geneva prepcom plans

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Sat Jan 8 11:49:00 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

I've just made my arrangements for the Geneva Prepcom next month. Since
I'm not able to stay the entire week and a half, I'll be arriving in
Geneva around lunchtime on Monday, February 21 and will be there for the
  rest of the week. For whatever reason, it was much cheaper for me to
fly out from Paris, so I'll go there some time over the weekend of the
26th, then fly back to Boston on Monday.

Over the next few weeks we should start identifying who from the
telecentres caucus will be attending the meetings and on what days. A
few ways we can track of who is attending:

- Post a note to this list and let us know.

- Go to the Prepcom event listing on the DDN website
(http://www.digitaldivide.net/events/view.php?EventID=11) and click the
link that says "add yourself to the list." You have to be logged into
DDN for it to work, so please log in or register.

- If it would be useful, I can set up a wiki page on which we could list
our itineraries, contact information in Geneva, etc. We've just
installed MediaWiki on the DDN server, so I could create a link from the
Telecentres group homepage so people could add their own Prepcom plans.

The reason this is important is that we'll want to have representation
at the Prepcom the whole time. And since not all of us can attend the
whole time, I would like to know who will be there prior to my arrival,
in case there is an opportunity to have an early meeting of the
telecentre caucus. Otherwise, I can always organize a gathering once I'm
there, but it would be good if members connected during the first week
of the prepcom.

thanks,
ac

--