[Telecentres] Fwd: CRIS-EED Grant WSIS Asia

Laurent Straskraba laurent at straskraba.net
Tue Mar 22 11:03:56 GMT 2005

FYI:

There are some funding opportunities available for Asian participants in
Communication Rights activities.

Best,
Laurent

>PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DISTRIBUTE:
>
>The Church Development Service (EED), Germany, has generously granted
>funds for the facilitation of participants to CRIS related activities.
>The CRIS campaign is glad to inform you that it will be able to
>co-sponsor some delegates to events that we feel are key to the
>Communication Rights.
>
>In accordance with the CRIS Campaign strategy for 2005, the grants will
>support individuals to attend global meetings and CRIS Campaign working
>meetings. The amounts are not provided to cover the whole costs, so
>applicants may have to cover some of the traveling costs.
>
>The aim will be to both develop a team of expert correspondents who
>could inform progress on communication rights related issues in depths
>as well as providing opportunities to consolidate the capacity of the
>campaign through internal working meetings.
>
>Currently, we are looking to support applicants wishing to be CRIS
>correspondents to attend the WSIS ASIA meetings to be held in Tehran
>from  29th May to 2d June. The amount allocated for the grant is Euro
>750. Deadline for application is 29th April, all efforts will be made to
>provide responses during that week.
>
>For more information, please see:
>http://www.crisinfo.org/content/view/full/611/
>
>Myriam Horngren
>WACC/CRIS Network and Advocacy Coordinator
>357 Kennington Lane
>London SE11 5QY
>United Kingdom
>Tel: 44 (0) 207 582 9139
>Fax: 44 (0) 207 735 0340
>web: www.crisinfo.org/www.wacc.org.uk
>email: mh at wacc.org.uk

---
Mag. Laurent Straskraba
Information Society Researcher

Board member of IT Business & Research in Europe
http://www.itbeurope.org

Information Society Representative
United Nations Youth & Student Association of Austria
http://www.afa.at

post: Ontlstrasse 3, A - 4040 Linz, Austria / Europe
mobile: +43.650.7711861 (GMT +1)
e-mail: laurent at straskraba.net
web: http://www.straskraba.net
---