[Telecentres] relavancy

CIFT Administration admin at cift.ca
Thu Mar 24 16:42:03 GMT 2005

Thank you for your response Andy , I was in error.

Lines 98 through 107 of that previous post is really the only
relevant content for this forum.

For those interested parties...

> THE KEY FOR THE THIRD SECTOR...
>
> Effective "self governance" of IT/IM infrastructures for Third sector
> organizations, is the key for this sector to retain its autonamy. To
> insure this, Third sector organizations MUST BE PROVISIONED BY
> ORGANIZATIONS IN THE SAME SECTOR.
>
> Incorporating and provisioning IT/IM management resources through
> telecentres/datacentres also seems to be a logical conclusion and
> follow-through.

Or to be more precise...

To increase the stature and profile of regional Telecentres/Datacentres,
it may help if they were also seen as provisioning IT/IM management of
the Civil Society Sector as a whole.

Of course the mandate would have to be for the inclusiveness of all
those organizations that meet a standard definition of what constitutes
a "nonprofit/voluntary/civil society organization". At this time, I
don't believe that we have that definition.

Kindest regards to all,
Kenneth Montgomery
www.cift.ca

- the opinions espressed are my own -
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - Community Internet Filtering Technologies Inc.

This information is privileged, and is intended only for the person
named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is not
intended and is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in
error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 1-888 292 3861,
or by e-mail and delete this message without making a copy.