[Telecentres] Re: RE: [DDN] Digital Divide, Telecentres and Iraq

Ashish Saboo apiap at rediffmail.com
Mon May 9 15:01:26 BST 2005

On Mon, 09 May 2005 Gurstein,Michael wrote :
>I'm not sure that I agree with the Steve Eskow's relativist position
>"The telecenter that enriches one community leads to a deepening of
>discord and violence in the next one"...
>emerging benefits and opportunities of the Information Society seems to
>me to be worth whatever risks may attend to this.

Well said Mike, & these two URLs demonstrate both the issues

I read on the inquirer.net a news on Iraqi insurgents turn to net publishing .
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22604

Which is rather disturbing , but may well be the American troops prapoganda . well countered in this blog

http://sabbah.biz/mt/archives/2005/03/05/al-qaeda-group-said-to-post-online-magazine/

Hmm, Citizen Journalist at its best

& if even the report is true, it is countered by moderate views in here  http://www.freemuslims.org/issues/

Oh Thank you Google ...

Ashish Saboo
President
Association of Public Internet Access Provider (ApiAp)
The voice of independent Cyber cafe operators
Blog: http://apiap.blogspot.com