[Telecentres] Letter from the Telecentres of the AmericsPartnership Re: Follow-up to WSIS

Gurstein, Michael gurstein at ADM.NJIT.EDU
Sat Oct 15 12:40:44 BST 2005

Thanks very much Matyas, and others who have emailed me privately...

I'll be looking to close this off by Wednesday of next week.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to move this forward to ensure that after some 10 years or so of intense activity and commitment by hundreds of thousands of people on the ground in virtually every country in the world, enabling their communities with ICTs, that they would finally have some representation in the Global Forums which are developing policies and programmes which are meant to stimulate and guide these developments.

Mike Gurstein

-----Original Message-----
From: Gáspár Mátyás [mailto:gaspar.matyas at axelero.hu]
Sent: October 15, 2005 10:36 AM
To: Gurstein, Michael; telecentres at wsis-cs.org
Cc: tap-sc at vancouvercommunity.net
Subject: RE: [Telecentres] Letter from the Telecentres of the AmericsPartnership Re: Follow-up to WSIS

Dear Mike and Others

The European Union of Telecottage Associations (EUTA, represents about 1000 telecentres in the Central and Eastern European Region) agrees with the proposed document, Global Telecentre Alliance initiative, creation of direct and supporting world-wide telecentre network services, joint efforts for creating a sustainable BOP-type (base of the pyramid)telecentre for most disadvantaged communites.

Matyas Gaspar, president