[Telecentres] Annoucement: Asian Telecentre Forum 2006 in Bangkok from April 26-28

jchittoor at csdms.in jchittoor at csdms.in
Tue Mar 7 12:41:09 GMT 2006

(apologies for cross postings)

Dear colleagues,

Greetings from Centre for Science, Development and Media Studies! I am delighted to join this discussion list and to share an announcement

We are pleased to announce the Asian Telecentre Forum 2006 to be held in Rama Gardens Hotel and Resort, Bangkok, from April 26-28, 2006. Please take a few moments to visit the website www.asiantelecentreforum.net  You can register online for the conference, send your abstracts by email to info at asiantelecentreforum.net  (extended up to March 30, 2006).

Facilitated discussion sessions, over three days, will cover:
  a.. Enabling environments - policy changes in different countries
  b.. Universal Access Fund - financial mechanisms
  c.. Technological and research thrust for emerging markets
  d.. Success indicators and case stories
  e.. Financial sustainability models
  f.. Collaboration for up-scaling
  g.. Funding and support opportunities
  h.. ICT awareness and capacity building
  i.. Technology options: Education, tools, connectivity/access issues and maintenance issues
  j.. Community context and needs, content, language issues
  k.. Sustainability, business models, youth entrepreneurship, e-commerce, ICT and education and e-government services etc.
  l.. Management needs
More information can be obtained in the detailed brochure of all the three parallel conferences being held at the same venue.
http://www.csdms.in/announcement/announcement.htm (second announcement and call for papers)
http://www.asiantelecentreforum.net/brochure2d.pdf (printed brochure with all details)

This unique platform provides the ecosystem players an oppotunity to share, network, interact with multitudes of stakeholders, and share your expertise, experiences and concerns. Advocacy and showcasing opportunities are also available. Over 25 key institutions have come on board to endorse, support, host, and be institutional partners.  The Ministry of Information and Communications Technologies, Government of Thailand is the Host organisation. An eminent Program Advisory Board has been constituted to design and plan the agenda for these three parallel conferences.

>From practitioners on the ground, to success story sharing, to showcasing products by vendors to R&D institutions presenting solutions to leading decision makers from the region... this platform brings them all in one place for three days.

We look forward to many of you being able to join this event, and share your valuable experiences

Sincerely,

Jaya
Ms. Jayalakshmi P Chittoor, Email: jchittoor at csdms.in
Editorial Consultant
i4d Magazine (monthly, print edition)
Centre for Science, Development and Media Studies
G 4 Sector 39, NOIDA 201301, India
Tel: +91-9811309160 (mobile)
Tel: +91-120-2502180-87
Fax:+91-120-2500060