[Telecentres] Announcing triple conference on egovernment-digital learning-telecentre forum-23-25 Aug 2006-New Delhi-India

jchittoor at csdms.in jchittoor at csdms.in
Mon May 22 04:22:43 BST 2006

(Apologies for cross postings)

CALL FOR PAPERS AND FIRST ANNOUNCMENT

Dear list subscribers,

Following the key advocacy perspectives that emerged from a similar meeting we conducted in Bangkok in April, and as a media research institution, the Centre for Science, Development and Media Studies (CSDMS) is organizing the joint event egov India (www.egovonline.net/egovindia), Digital Learning India (www.digitallearning.in/dlindia) and Indian Telecentre Forum 2006 (www.i4donline.net/indiantelecentreforum) at Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi from 23 - 25 August 2006. This conference is being organized in consultation and collaboration with Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India.

The participation and engagement of dialogues will be from different stakeholders representing the government, the academia, advocacy groups, civil society, consultants, donros (bilateral and multilateral), private sector and key decision makers and implementers of the programmes in e-Government, e-Learning and Telecentres Movement to address emerging markets and bridging the digital and knowledge divides.The action points emerging from each session will form the part of the conference report, which will be forwarded to Government for further action.

We would like to invite you to participate actively in this event and send us relevant papers for presentation. The important dates are as follows:

Last date for submission of abstracts - 30th June 2006

Acceptance notification for abstracts - 5th July 2006

Last date for sending full papers - 25th July 2006

Final confirmation for presentation - 30th July 2006

Please visit the websites to register early and get involved, (the website is still evolving and you may like to bookmark this site to get regular updates). We are also looking forward to partnering/raising support with organisations to make this a multi-stakeholder partnership event. We also welcome proposals from key ICTD players.

Best regards,

jaya

Ms. Jayalakshmi Chittoor

jchittoor at csdms.in