[Telecentres] Pakistan ICT Policy Monitor Group - Invitation

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad.ahmad at isb.iucnp.org
Fri Sep 8 07:28:09 BST 2006

On behalf of bytesforall.org, it is our profound privilege to invite you to
kindly join Pakistan ICT Policy Monitor Group
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pakistanictpolicy/.

We are organizing this space to discuss, highlight and monitor ICT policy
issues, particularly from civil society perspective in Pakistan. Using this
forum, you are welcome to deliberate upon a whole range of issues around ICT
policies in the country. Let's join hands in our endeavor to call for people
friendly-people centered ICT policies in the country. Please spread the
words about this group among your friends and colleagues and help us gather
as many interested people as possible. It will greatly help to further
strengthen this initiative.

Overall objectives of Pakistan ICT Policy Monitoring group are:

- to highlight and capture ICTs and development related campaign issues in
Pakistan and register civil society perspective to those issues.

- to launch policy advocacy campaigns around various ICT policy issues in
the country.

- to work as an information bridge in between ICT and development
professionals, technologists, policy makers, academia, media and larger
civil society.

Pakistan ICT Policy Monitor Network website is accessible at
http://pakistanictpolicy.bytesforall.net/