[Telecentres] Re: [tap] FW: [Advisors] CAP has been cut -- officials

Jean-Luc Raymond jeanluc_raymond at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 28 15:57:23 BST 2006

Hi,

The PAC has inspired a lot of governments (local, regional and
countries) through the world to launch programs of telecenters.
French Governments has been inspired by the PAC in 1997 to launch the
"Espaces Publics Numeriques" program, no lucrative telecenters in all
the regions of our country.

The cuts of budget in the PAC is not only a waste but also a social and
cultural waste in terms of citizenship and helping bridging the dividal
digide especially for rural, persons with disabilities or poor people.

For your information and people who speak French, The french Quebec
community has launched a email campaign for the campaign. More details
here:
http://stage.communautique.qc.ca/?q=node/1092

I guess an international action that help the canadian Community Access
Centers will be welcome. What can we do concretely ??

I can relay the piece of news at the biggest telecenter YahooGroup in
french, I own for 6 years (2500 subcribers, most of them are working in
french telecenters):

Best Regards,

Jean-Luc RAYMOND
from Paris, France