[Telecentres] DigitalDivide@ e-mail list being relaunched ... as Digital Inclusion Network - Join us

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Fri Jul 16 14:37:10 BST 2010

We will open Monday with a friendly round of introductions.
Please invite others to join us on the Digital Inclusion Network.
Tweet it, blog it, e-mail it: http://e-democracy.org/di

So far over 200 of us have reconvened from the old DigitalDivide@
e-list in this hybrid web/e-mail/social network online group.

Far below is the full invite, and here are the basics:

Join directly at:
  http://e-democracy.org/din

In addition to a typical e-mail list, this online group is accessible via:

Web Home:
 http://e-democracy.org/di

Facebook:
 http://www.facebook.com/digitalinclusionnetwork

Twitter:
 http://twitter.com/edeminclusion

Web Feed:
 http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/inclusion/messages/posts.atom

More:

** Special invitation for former Digital Divide Network members **
                 Join here:  http://e-democracy.org/din

E-Democracy.org is helping revive and update the e-mail exchange heart
of former Digital Divide Network or DigitalDivide at . With over 10,000
members at its peak, we will relaunch an updated exchange on digital
inclusion to help address the digital divide when at least 200 of you
rejoin us. We are using a simple and integrated e-mail/web open source
online group tool that is easy to use and accessible in lower
bandwidth areas. If you miss the simplicity of a highly accessible
international space to exchange knowledge and solutions on digital
inclusion, then please join your peers. The e-mail list will be
managed to generate real value.

Join from:

 http://e-democracy.org/din

For more details:

  http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/inclusion

In addition to the e-mail and web exchange, we will feed new topics
into Twitter and a Facebook page. Join the main site now and stay
tuned for details.

E-Democracy.org is able to support this online group as part of our
Inclusive Social Media effort - http://e-democracy.org/inclusion -
which is focused on promoting online engagement in lower income, high
immigrant, highly diverse neighborhood. As part of our Ford Foundation
funded Participation 3.0 effort - http://e-democracy.org/p3 - we need
a reliable place to gather input on this project and we assume that
many of you are also interested in improving your next generation
digital inclusion efforts. So we can help each other close the digital
divide and bring us back into regular connection.

Please note that we host a number of local community "Issues Forums"
as well as online communities of practices on on topics like local
"Gov 2.0" - http://e-democracy.org/citycamp - so some of the
registration fields like neighborhood are there for those audiences.
Please fill out as many fields as possible because they will
automatically generate a Member Directory like:
http://forums.e-democracy.org/groups/citycamp/memberdirectory
If you use Twitter or have a blog, please the full link in the field
"Best Web Link About You."

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org
  Follow me - http://twitter.com/democracy