[CC-czech] A comment from Gabriel Pothe

Michelle Thorne michelle at creativecommons.org
Fri Apr 25 16:24:28 BST 2008

Dear Gabriel,

Thank you very much for your email and your interest in CC in Czech! I
apologize for the delay in my response, but nevertheless I am happy to share
with you the good news that a strong team has developed in the Czech
Republic, which will soon be porting the CC licenses to local law.

Please allow me to introduce you to Marek Tichy from Iuridicum Remedium (
www.iure.org), who will be overseeing the legal work for CC Czech; Lukas
Gruber on behalf of the National Library of the Czech Republic, who will be
conducting community outreach and development; and the CC Czech mailing
list, which is one of the platforms for coordinating local activities <
cc-czech at gn.apc.org>.

I would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to contact the above
individuals and explore together how you may best be able to contribute to
the project.

Thanks again for your interest in CC and for taking the time to write!

Best wishes to you,

Michelle

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:19 PM, Nathan Kinkade <
nkinkade at creativecommons.org> wrote:

> Hi Gabriel,
>
> I'm not aware that there is presently anything formally happening with
> CC in the Czech Republic, but I have copied Michelle, who works in our
> international office in Berlin.  She may or may not be able to tell
> you if there is any CC activity going on in the Czech Republic or
> people that you could get in touch with.  In the meantime, and you may
> have already seen this, but the front page of our wiki has a number of
> suggestions on ways that you might get involved at the local level:
> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Main_Page
>
> Regards,
>
> Nathan
>
> 2008/4/14, Creative Commons <info at creativecommons.org>:
> > A new submission (form: "Contact")
> >
> >  ============================================
> >
> >  Submitted on: April 14, 2008
> >
> >  Via: /
> >
> >  By 78.102.36.139 (visitor IP).
> >

> >  -----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >  Your Name:                      Gabriel Pothe
> >  Email:                          info at pothe.cz
> >  Subject::                       General information
> >  Website:                        http://
> >
> >  Message:
> >  Hi, I heard about the project CC. How about the Czech Republic? I would
> like to co-operate with you implementing this idea in this country too.
> >

> >  Regards,
> >
> >  Gabriel

Michelle Thorne
Creative Commons International